Let Me Ask You:
- Have You been told by Self-Proclaimed Feng-Shui "Gurus" to buy their Feng-Shui Artifacts?
- Have You already bought Feng-Shui Artifacts?
- Are You praying to unconsecrated Taoist/Chinese Deities or Buddha Statues/Figurines/Images?
- Are You planning to buy Taoist/Chinese Deities or Buddha Statues/Figurines/Images to pray to?
“Eye-Opening” Ceremony - 开光点眼 (Consecration of Deity Statues)
An “eye-opening” ceremony - 开光点眼 (Consecration of Deity Statues ) is performed either by a Taoist priest or directly from the Deity ( while in trance of a Taoist Medium) on newly carved sculptures of deities to endow them with spiritual properties.
Cinnabar - a burnt red colored ore of mercury which is considered holy and eliminates evil influences
Blood from a white rooster’s cockscomb - white roosters symbolize nobility, power and reverence, white symbolizes purity, and cockscombs symbolizes supremacy, and the blood of a cockscomb symbolizes the supreme life
Different Taoist Sects have slightly different ways of consecrating Deity Statues. Generally, a Taoist master, or a diety (while in-trance of spirit medium) may:
1) Use a blush to collect the blood from a white rooster’s cockscomb (by cutting the rooster’s cockscomb with a ritual sword) or just use the cinnabar and dot specific parts of the deity statue, while chanting consecration incantation and burning of talismans.
Use a blush to collect the blood from a white rooster’s cockscomb
2) Mix Cinnabar with blood from a white rooster’s cockscomb. The mixture of Cinnabar and blood of rooster will then be used for dotting process.
Mix Cinnabar with blood from a white rooster’s cockscomb
3) Insert "5 treasures" and some cases, include life insects (usually hornets) into the deity statue and then dot specific parts of the deity statue with the blood from a white rooster’s cockscomb or just cinnabar, while chanting consecration incantation and burning of talismans. Hornets are mainly inserted into Warrior Deity Statues only.
Insert "5 treasures" and life hornets into the deity statue
4) Will only use the cinnabar to dot specific parts of the deity statue, while chanting consecration incantation and burning of talismans, without using the blood from white cock's crown and no inserting insects or sacred ingredients into the statue.
Only use the cinnabar to dot specific parts of the deity statue
In order to be blessed and be protected by Taoist/Buddhist Deities or call upon the spiritual power of deity to protect Your house or office from dark energy or black magic and to improve luck or to ask Lottery (Pick 3 / Pick 4/ Lotto ) Numbers, the Taoist/Buddhist Deity Statues You pray to must have been consecrated by a Taoist Master.
Many Western Folks were told by the Caucasian Feng-Shui "Gurus" or even English-Educated Know-Nothing-But-Act-Guru Chinese FengShui "Masters" to buy their Feng Shui Artifacts, which have not been consecrated.
When Your Taoist /Buddhist Deity Statues/Figurines/Images have not been consecrated, You are praying to empty shells. Worse still, if You have been lighting up joss sticks or incense sticks and make offerings to a Taoist/Buddhist Deity Statue, which has not been consecrated before, it may has already been resided by a malevolent spirit.
Unconsecrated Taoist /Buddhist Deity Statues/Figurines/Images are just empty shells which are only good to make Your House/Office look like a Chinese Restaurant. These "Empty Shells" will not protect Your Home/office and will not help in improving the Feng-Shui Energy of Your Home/Office.
Many Self-Proclaimed Caucasians and Chinese Feng-Shui "Masters" in the West sell You Feng-Shui Artifacts to make a lot of Money for themselves but never even know the importance of pumping spiritual energy of particular selected deity into the statues/figurines/artifacts/images.
For Buddhist Folks:
1) If You are self-cultivating in Buddhist Teaching and looking upon the Buddha/Bodhisattva Statue as a form of reminder to concentrate on personal cultivation, then Your Buddha/Bodhisattva Statue need no consecration. You can just let the Statue be an "Empty Shell".
2) If You are expecting the Spiritual Power of Buddha/Bodhisattva to come and protect You and look after the house, protect from bad energy and such, then the Buddha/Bodhisattva Statue must be consecrated.
For Taoist Folks:
Being a Taoist, the Deity statues/figurines/artifacts/images must be consecrated. If You are practicing Taoist-Sorcery or Taoist Talisman Drawings or doing Taoist Magic, You need to call upon the power of the particular Deity , which in order to do so, the Deity statues/figurines/artifacts/images must be consecrated.
Once the Deity statues/figurines/artifacts/images have been consecrated, it is no more an ordinary artifact, it contains the spiritual power of that particular deity. You must treat the stuff with respect, placing it on altar and not to throw around house/office.
What to do now?
You may ..
1) Change the unconsecrated Deity Statues to consecrated ones
2) Bring Your unconsecrated Deity Statues to a Taoist Master or Taoist Temple for Consecration
3) Frame and Hang the "36 Heavenly Warriors" Talisman to immediately "activate" Your Taoist Altar